Chimney Cleaning & Level II Inspection - $189
Our Certified Chimney Sweep will thoroughly clean and inspect your chimney.
*some restrictions apply
It might sound simple, but chimney sweeping is a detailed process that requires an expert’s care to be done right, and it’s key to keeping your chimney functioning and your home and family safe.
Whenever you use your fireplace or stove, your chimney is working to keep harmful substances that result from burning fuel — gases, smoke, particles, minerals and more — safely contained and then removed. But over time, debris and creosote (the residue that results from those byproducts moving up your chimney) builds up and can lead to blockages and fires. A trained chimney sweep will thoroughly and safely remove debris and creosote, allowing your chimney to do its job properly.
Chimney sweeping is an affordable and important part of preventative maintenance that can keep you safe and, in the long term, save you money.
Regularly-used chimneys should be cleaned and inspected annually, but even rarely-used chimneys should be inspected and swept to ensure that they’re working properly and safely.
Getting ready for your chimney sweeping appointment is simple:
- Avoid having a fire for at least 24 hours prior to your appointment
- Move furniture or any breakable items away from the area around your stove or fireplace — about six to eight feet
- And confine your pets in another room, away from the work area
Your chimney sweep should take less than an hour to complete the job, and you can expect your technician to:
- Inspect accessible portions of your chimney’s interior and exterior
- Inspect factory-built units for cracks
- Sweep your chimney with special brushes
- Check your chimney liner for cracks, gaps and missing joints
- Scrub your chimney’s smoke chamber, smoke shelf and damper with hand tools
- Sweep the firebox and clear any ash
- Remove and brush the grate
- Check for any fire safety hazards